On Saturday I went to high tea with three lovely ladies at Room With Roses in Brisbane Arcade. It was a delightfully girly affair full of laughter, cake and pastel colours.
The setting is second-to-none. Brisbane Arcade is truly the best shopping arcade in our fair city and I felt so lucky to be seated on the second floor balcony overlooking shoppers below. The chandeliers and wood and marble decor made me feel as if we were in that decadent ‘ladies lunch’ scene from Titanic.
We opted for the deluxe high tea which is $42 per person and includes a mix of ten ‘dainty delicacies’ each – both savoury and sweet, plus a tea or coffee. The food was beautiful, the coffee was perfect and the other drinks we ordered (fresh raspberry punch, plus homemade lemon, lime and bitters) were delicious, if not a tad expensive at $8-$10 each.
A wonderful day out perfect for girlfriends, sisters, mothers or even baby/bridal showers.
Here is the full menu:
- Mini Raspberry Scone – served with raspberry jam and Chantilly cream
- Mini Ginger Scone – served with lime ginger marmalade and Chantilly cream
- Dainty Ribbon Trio Sandwiches – two of our popular ribbon sandwiches
- Mini Corncake – topped with sour cream, crispy bacon and chives
- Mini Salmon Cake – drizzled with dill cream sauce
- Savoury Tartlet – varies daily based on our chef’s selection
- Mini Chocolate Heaven Cake – topped with chocolate ganache
- Lemon Curd Tart – tangy lemon curd made to Vicki’s family recipe
- Sweet Treat – passionfruit melting moment (yum!)