Frannie and I are counting down the hours until we finish bootcamp and head back to my place to take in the biggest awards night of the year – the 2013 Oscars! In the meantime we have been discussing the red carpet all morning. Here are our top 3s. All pics from JustJared.com.
3. Anne Hathaway. It’s really her year this year and she’s nailed it when it really counts. Her hair and makeup are spot on and the necklace is perfect with the cut of this gorgeous Prada dress. She’s obviously channeling Audrey and pretty much pulls it off.2. Zoe Saldana. Her grey dress is a little fussy, but she pulls it off with just the right amount of attitude, teamed with simple hair and makeup. I love love love the belt and the ruffles. The dress is by Alexis Mabille Couture.
1. Naomi Watts. I get so sick of boring Oscars dresses (I’m looking at you Jennifer Aniston, Amy Adams, Reese Witherspoon) so I love Naomi for rocking this asymmetric Armani Prive silver number. It’s so well fitted and with that hair she looks like an absolute rockstar. Frannie
3. Zoe Saldana – see above. I especially love the bodice on this. She looks incredible… soft and feminine but as Marie said rocking some attitude under that ethereal glow!
2. Samantha Barks. On My Own is my favourite song from any musical ever, so maybe I’m biased because her knock-out performance as Eponine in Les Miserables made me fall in love with her but this Valentino number is stunning in my opinion. Sleek and classic with skin showing in all the right places for this tiny-waisted beauty. The necklace is matched perfectly for a bit of extra glamour AND are they pockets I spy?!
1. Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive (best label of the night). Guess I’m loving the figure hugging look this Oscars. In her dresses for the ceremonies leading up to now, one or two details just didn’t quite fit. This however, is bang-on, full-blown bombshell! Jess is dressed for success.