Since we started this little blog about three months ago, we’ve been absolutely overwhelmed with all the support, kind words, funny comments and wonderful readers we’ve come across along the way. So it was an especially lovely surprise to find that Jaime at With Muchness had nominated us for a ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. Jaime has a beautiful writing style and with a blog named after an Alice In Wonderland quote, we are bound to be kindred spirits.
So the nomination comes with some guidelines (in the form of a list, hooray).
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you (check)
- Paste the award image anywhere on your blog (check)
- Tell us 7 facts about yourself (see below)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you like for the award (below below)
- Post a comment on your nominees’ blogs telling them of their nomination (will do)
Now for the fun facts (I hope these things constitute ‘fun’ – you be the judge)
- We used our middle names for the title of the blog and chose Frannie Loves Marie instead of Marie Loves Frannie because it sounded better. We both do, in fact, love one another.
- We became besties at the beginning of high school and thus have so many embarrassing stories about each other that we’ll have to be friends forever just to keep them safe. Here’s just a sneak peak – we went to see Australia’s worst boy band Mercury4 together and loved it, we were (and are) far too obsessed with Disney movies for our own good (Disney karaoke nights anyone?), we used to straighten our hair with an actual iron, oh and we did a duologue from Muriel’s Wedding including singing Abba for our drama assessment- that’s not embarrassing though, it was freakin awesome.
- Frannie and her partner CB are both in mine and AK’s wedding party – AK and CB love each other too
- Frannie fact: I own a passport and grew up wanting to be a pilot but at 24-years-old have still never left the lovely shores of Australia. I am hoping to visit New Zealand and Canada/Alaska in the (very!) near future.
- Marie fact: If there was a competition for the worst singer in the world, I would win. Hands down. I’m not just being modest or self deprecating, I’m actually a tone deaf, god-awful singer who can’t hold a tune. Frannie on the other hand…
- Frannie fact: I hate to break rules and didn’t cut class once in my entire schooling career… except that one time in kindergarten when I asked to go to the bathroom and went to the playground to sing ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ while swinging on the monkey bars instead. I felt so guilty that I never did it again.
- Marie fact: I often sink into a funk after finishing a good book – particularly if it’s a gripping series. It can take weeks for me to get over the fact that I’m never going to read anything else about these beloved characters. The end of Harry Potter was a particularly sad time for me.
Our 15 “One Lovely Blog Award” nominations:
- Go Blondie! This whole blog is just lovely. Heartwarming and has something for everyone. Since June this year I have adored reading the updates about Blondie and Carl’s new pooch Arie who is a darling Goldendoodle.
- The Dressing Room. A great blog linked to the stores of the same name located in Melbourne. More than just posts full of fabulous fashion advice, it also offers suggestions for what’s on in Melbourne which is great for Frannie who just moved there.
- Our Daily Dress. Katie is trying to go one whole year without buying any new clothes in order to help send two girls to school in Sierra Leone. Plus she has pretty vintage clothes and cute animals.
- Blog Meets Girl. This beautifully written little blog is full of musings, stories and pretty travel photos. I love reading Sonia’s posts because she is Brisbane-based too.
- One Twenty Five. This blog is named after a goal weight the writer wants to achieve, but it’s more about her struggles with relocating to Melbourne from Canada, exercise, food and making new friends.
- Food On My Dog. This one doesn’t need too much explaining – the blogger puts food on her dog and then takes photos. I love it.
- Ra Ra Superstar. OK so I might be a bit biased here, but the Ra Ra Superstar blog has heaps of cute vintage clothes, reviews of Brisbane events and delicious recipes.
- Bleubird Vintage. I can only hope my future brood is as darling and beautiful as this little family. I love reading their updates about projects around the house, home schooling and the cute kids.
- Hyperbole and a Half. I’m a bit disappointed that there hasn’t been a new post in over a year, but the blogger is suffering from depression so I can only hope she is alright. Her cartoons are hilarious and always make me laugh out loud.
- Eat The Damn Cake. As the title suggests, this blog is about the fact that girls need to stop stressing about food and their bodies and their faces and just eat the damn cake. I wholeheartedly agree.
- Gary Pepper Vintage. This blog needs no introduction – beautiful girl, gorgeous clothes and fascinating new places all the time.
- Life In The Drive Thru. Having worked in a McDonalds drive-thru in my time, I can fully appreciate this guy and his funny anecdotes about annoying customers, stupid questions and rude people.
- Real Girl Beauty. I love this blog because there is less emphasis on expensive products and bizarre treatments and more reviews of everyday items and DIY tips. Her writing style is really conversational and funny too.
- My California College Life. This young blogger is living in LA and blogging about her time at university. I just love the insight into a completely different life to my own.
- Style Scout. My favorite blog to go to for street style in one of the most fashionable cities – London.
OK I’m off to do my Napoleon Dynamite happy dance now.